What brought me to Angell PetCo?
I rehomed my black Labrador Jasper from Canine Partners the assistance dog charity. He was meant to be an assistance dog but he didn’t quite make the grade, and quite frankly just loves being a pet now!
Jasper had a very troublesome tummy when he was in training – this could have been partly to the stress of working which he wasn’t keen on but he does get an upset stomach quite easily.
Purina provide a lot of the food for Canine Partners as they have a corporate partnership but the charity is able to look elsewhere for different food in certain circumstances. Having tried Jasper on all the sensitive foods and some other brands almost at a last resort they eventually landed on your food.
They tell me that pretty much straight away they noticed an improvement. Jasper went from having watery poop every day to being pretty much normal (well as normal as a Labrador’s poop can be when he eats goodness knows what in the woods!).
Therefore I effectively inherited your brand because when I rehomed Jasper that was the food he was on.
At first because he seemed so healthy I thought there was no need to change it and now he’ll be 6 in April and I will never change him from your food.
I have in fact recommended your food to several of my friends with dogs and they now all love it. So this is a testimonial from Jasper but also from Ghilly, Henry, Genie and Monty!
What do I buy from you?
I buy the Salmon Complete Superior Adult Dog Food – 15kg medium/large bite.
I occasionally get some treats but not often because we don’t tend to give high reward treats to Jasper so he doesn’t get fat. He’s quite happy with a bit of carrot or cucumber!
Why do I continue to buy from you?
For lots of reasons!:
- Jasper is healthy and doesn’t have watery poop very often – only when he’s eaten something he shouldn’t or is poorly!
- Jasper does not smell doggy. His coat is silky, not greasy and for a Labrador his breath really isn’t too bad. Every time we’ve been for a check up with Jasper at the vets they always comment on his condition and say how good he looks – and I often put that down to his food. He pretty much only eats your food and a few occasional healthy treats.
- Your delivery is excellent, we order and a couple of days later at most it comes.
- I like how there are no additives in the food. It means I know that what he’s eating is good for him.
- Dry food is so convenient. My mum feeds her dog raw food which is great but requires freezing. Jasper comes to work with me a lot so I can grab some of the dry food and take it with me easy peasy!