Angell Petco Limited (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.angellpetco.com (our site) you are accepting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the data controller is Angell Petco Ltd, Mill Lane, Hadley, Ombersley, Worcs WR9 0AU, ENGLAND
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, sign up to a newsletter, establish an online account with us, register as a breeder, buy our products, search for a product, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site or our products. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number. It also may include the financial and payment card information you submit through Sage Pay.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and/or products that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so including our online account;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products that may interest you or them;
- to contact you by SMS with information related to your account or delivery;
- to ask you for feedback about your experiences with us;
- to contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone, text or multimedia messages) about products offered by us unless you have previously asked us not to do so;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- for statistical analysis
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including emails) for quality assurance and compliance reasons.
- Where you give us information on behalf of someone else (i.e home address, name etc), you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in these provisions and that they have not objected to such use of their personal information.
- We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Disclosure of your information
We promise not to share your information with Third parties apart from
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other relevant or related organisations and/or companies. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access or amend information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. A request for personal information is free unless the request is deemed to be of an excessive nature. Any multiple or excessive access request may be subject to a reasonable fee per additional request to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.